RSG TAIPEI 2023 - Agilists! Assemble


 Upon receiving an invitation from Hermes, the Chief Captain of the Agile Community Taiwan, I assisted in organizing volunteers and expanding the student market.


Initially, when Hermes asked for my help with the Regional Scrum Gathering TAIPEI 2023 event, I thought it would be a casual endeavor, perhaps just lending a hand for some fun—little did I know it would consume so much of my time.


Throughout the three days of the event, from organizing RSG to its conclusion, I found myself struggling between Tainan and Taipei several times. However, I am grateful that, due to my persistence, I experienced a series of unique and unexpected agile journeys.

Since the revival of Agile in Kaohsiung, I had expressed to Hermes my desire to extend the reach of agile practices to universities and even high schools due to my close relationship with students from elementary school to university, owing to the nature of my company.


Hermes fully supported this idea, so for this RSG, we offered very affordable student tickets. I visited Feng Chia University, Cheng Kung University, National Chiao Tung University, and National Tsing Hua University to give talks and introduce the RSG event.

Although the goal was to increase student ticket sales, the outcome was limited. Unexpectedly, I encountered several student volunteers during this event, planting the seeds of hope.

When Hermes told me he wanted to find new volunteers to help, I wondered, doesn't the community already have volunteers? Oh, it turns out Hermes wanted fresh blood; he hoped the community could spark new enthusiasm. He shared with me his vision of creating a different RSG, one filled with passion and sincerity, and I was truly convinced.


At that time, I was quite overwhelmed, wondering where I could find people and new volunteers. I reached out through various channels, contacting everyone I could think of. Surprisingly, within a short week, I received a flood of volunteer emails expressing interest in participating in RSG, so much so that I had to close the application process two weeks earlier than planned.

These are an incredibly amazing group of volunteer partners. I can confidently say that without this new group of volunteers, this year's RSG would have been impossible to pull off. If it weren't for these volunteers, Hermes and I would probably have had even fiercer arguments.

In this space, let's acknowledge the great volunteers who silently contributed during the RSG event:


Jade, 書維, 品佑, 賽亞, 凱蒂, 李瑄, 柏文, Lois, 劉耘, 姍姍, 彥伶, 淑君, 泇吟, 羿宣, 廷洋, 鴻珉, 堃瑋, Connie, Scarlett, Alice, William, Peggy, 如如, Garfield, 秉成, 月湖, 郁軒, 曉勤, Crystal, Jayce, 牛牛, JEN, 蕥萱, Marueeal, 子醇, Stacy, Amelia, Stella, 澤睿, 光龍哥, Michael, Ivan, 丁丁, Hermes.


Finally, I express my profound gratitude to Hermes for organizing such a fantastic RSG event. I appreciate his commitment to using the storytelling approach. Special thanks to Crystal and her storytelling team for providing young volunteers with a completely different experience.


I hope to meet this group of young volunteers again next year and witness the seeds you carry within yourselves being passed on, contributing continuously to the agile community in Taiwan. Thank you all.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Agile Tour spending 2 years in University of NCKU

The agile journey in St. Kitts and Nevis

Enhancing English Proficiency through Coding and Agile Thinking